"All This Bumbling Must Mean Something"
- Pinky Fisk
As far as he knew, Pinky made up the word bumbalari based on two years of high school Latin. He studied hard because he was terrified of his teacher. She would point her finger at arms length, singling out the student selected to recite the Latin answer to her question. One didn't want to be caught unprepared.
However, a search for the term bumbalari brings up a few hits in Portuguese, including this Google translation:If they do please let's take a big Hip Hip Hooray, to celebrate the arrival of spring! And to show my joy I leave you the lyrics of a song so beautiful that I learned in school music education, now here goes ...
I like flowers, birds singing
In the spring, always singing,
Voices of a thousand songs sound the air ...
Bumbalari, bumbalari, bumbalari, bumbalari
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&u=http://cuskisses.blogspot.com/2009/03/ela-chegou.html&ei=qFTNSsbbMYOuswOKw9m2Dg&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=4&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbumbalari%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7DKUS_en
© Edison S. Fisk, 2009. All rights reserved.

No comments:
Post a Comment