Dear Reader:
Below find one poem by Edison S. Fisk. Elsewhere in this issue of The Woomera you will discover my initial treatment of this item. This second "printing" is here because I belately realized that just because my persoanl reaction to this "work" was one of revulsion, I did not have the right to conceal, muddy, or disguise it behind my overly clever printing and sketching..... What I created was a graphic portrayal of my own effort to cope with the emotions which this poem brought out of my inner places. And I was about to rob you of the experience of dealing with it in its raw and unadulterated form.... but I won't - here it is, you wrestle with it:
Babies are our Worst Enemies
The little shits are everywhere
They're under foot
And fill the air - - - -
with yowling - - - - and yammering
They'll eat us out of house and home
They suck - - - and bite
Eat up everything in sight
Man ! You just fucked yourself
out of a place at the table
Piss on you and piss on me
On the ground and in the sea.
The more they eat the more they shit
Just about drown us all in it.
Help stamp out live births.
Edison S. Fisk
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment