Where then shall we seek forgiveness?
Who then will forgive me?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We shall have to learn to forgive ourselves.
I will have to learn to forgive myself.
God is dead.
Who then will comfort us?
Where can I get reassurance?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We must comfort one another,
Therefrom comes my confidence.
God is dead.
Where then will we find salvation?
Who then will save me?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We must save ourselves !
We must save ourselves from our own cleverness.
I must release myself from my old traditions
If we are to be saved.
God is dead.
Who then will bear my guilt?
Who then will die for me?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Guilt is emotional pain and can be healthy.
We just feel guilty about the wrong things,
And I don't want anyone
Dying for me.
God is dead.
Where then will we find restraint?
Who then will keep me from doing evil?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We will have to look to community,
We will have to take care of each other.
If my brother is wounded
I must hurt.
If my sister is burned
I must scream.
For the next time
It may be me.
Edison S. "Pinky" Fisk
© Edison S. Fisk, 2009. All rights reserved.

No comments:
Post a Comment